Thursday, September 13, 2012

Let The Rain by Sara Bareilles

I wish I were prettyI wish I were braveIf I owned this cityThen I'd make it behave
And if I were fearlessThen I'd speak my truthAnd the world would hear thisThat's what I wish I'd do
If my hands could hold them, you'd seeI'd take all these secrets in meAnd I'd move and mold them to beSomething I'd set free
I wanna darken in the skiesOpen the floodgates upI wanna change my mindI wanna be enoughI want the water in my eyesI wanna cry until the end of time
I wanna let the rain come downMake a brand new groundLet the rain come downLet the rain come downMake a brand new groundLet the rain come down tonight
I hold on to worry so tightIt's safe in here right next to my heartWho now shouts at the top of her voiceLet me go, let me out, this is not my choice
And I always felt it beforeThat the world was filled with much moreThan the drowning soul I've learned to beI just need the rain to remind me
wanna darken in the skiesOpen the floodgates upwanna change my mindI wanna be enoughwant the water in my eyesI wanna cry until the end of time
I wanna let the rain come downMake a brand new groundLet the rain come downLet the rain come downMake a brand new groundLet the rain come down 
I wanna let the rain come downMake a brand new groundLet the rain come downLet the rain come downMake a brand new groundLet the rain come down 
I wanna let the rain come downMake a brand new groundLet the rain come downLet the rain come downMake a brand new groundLet the rain come down tonight

No comments: