Thursday, January 26, 2012

Book Launch: Everneath

So the other night, I went with my Nana, Mommy, Aunt Kris, Aunt Amy, and cousin Sara up to Salt Lake for the book launch for Everneath by Brodi Ashton.This is the book cover. Cool huh? My Nana is good friends with Brodi Ashton's mom, so we have been hearing about this book for ages. Here is the summary for the novel (found at brodiashton.blogspot.com):

Last spring, Nikki Beckett vanished, sucked into an underworld known as the Everneath, where immortals Feed on the emotions of despairing humans. Now she's returned- to her old life, her family, her friends- before being banished back to the underworld... this time forever.

She has six months before the Everneath comes to claim her, six months for good-byes she can't find the words for, six months to find redemption, if it exists.

Nikki longs to spend these months reconnecting with her boyfriend, Jack, the one person she loves more than anything. But there's a problem: Cole, the smoldering immortal who first enticed her to the Everneath, has followed Nikki to the mortal world. And he'll do whatever it takes to bring her back- this time as his queen.

As Nikki's time grows short and her relationships begin slipping from her grasp, she's forced to make the hardest decision of her life: find a way to cheat fate and remain on the Surface with Jack or return to the Everneath and become Cole's...

Doesn't that sound interesting? Obviously this book falls into the popular young adult-paranormal-romance category, but I like the fact that the plot sounds really unique and different from the run-of-the-mill plot line that I find in a lot of teen/young adult books. It also sounds like it is based on the myth of Hades and Persephone, which would be awesome. I have a bit of a thing for mythology of any sort. Basically, I am really excited to read this book. Hopefully it will be one of my books for February.

Here are some pics of the book launch (sorry for the quality, but they were taken on my phone):That's me. Obviously. This is Brodi Ashton. She was kind of a hoot and I loved her sense of humor.
Yours,
Cait

No comments: